catching up.


{My big girl. Halloween 2007}

This is going to be a brief hello and ramble....

So confession. I have really been trying to figure out how some people do it all. I am MAJORLY struggling. Between keeping up with my sweet girlies, my hubs, my house, working, making some tough financial decisions to ensure a bright future for our family, and keeping the shop updated (which I have not, new things made that I just need to find time to put them up). I can't figure out how to get it all done smoothly. Last week I was just short of loosing my marbles and then got a little cold to boot. I haven't had time to do the things I love: cook, snuggle with girlies, read up on my favs in reader. Ugh. But things are looking up now, I have spent the entire morning snuggling with my girls (who are sick...boo), a caramel apple upside down cake just came out of my oven, homemade chicken stock is on the stove, and I have a napping baby.....ahhhhhh. I do feel better now.

I will be catching up with you soon and just received some great books in the mail to review here on domestic dish! Yay! I cant wait to dive in, cook, and let you know what I think. AND there will be a giveaway. Cool huh?


xoxoxo
d

5 comments:

torrie said...

I know how you feel entirely. I've lived both the "high-powered career mom" life and the "stay at home domestic life" and I have come to the conclusion that I can't do it ALL... after what- 5 years of staying home???

I know that some make it appear that way, but we never know what truly goes on behind closed doors... plus I have come to find, many of "them" have nannies, housekeepers, etc. Nothing wrong with that, just puts it into perspective a little bit.

I have in no way mastered it (and as I've shared, struggle with the same as you... the most current being time with my kids- quality time), but I am getting better at "taking the time when I have the time" (make-ahead dinners, lots of cooking on the weekends, washing/prepping produce all at once, buying birthday gifts- even Christmas already- in advance on a day that I have a little more online time)... that way I'm not always trying to do everything when I don't have any time. An ongoing learning process...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've felt overwhelmed! Like Torrie wrote, I really think it is impossible to do it all. Don't beat yourself up about not being able to be supermom...it will drive you insane and just make you feel horrible. I think it sounds like you've accomplished an amazing amount! Hope your girlies feel well soon and can't wait to hear about the books...

Ivy said...

Danielle is wonderful all the way around - even on the days she doesn't feel like it.

My new thing is learning to say No. I am feeling maxed out as well so I take this as a reminder that when something new comes along, I can't take it on.

Or looking at it another way, I try to look at my calendar a week out. If I see a window, I will say - I only can do one more thing on Thurs. at 3pm. Otherwise, maybe next week.

It is hard, but I like all the choices I made and try to remind myself of that when new opportunities come along.

Love YOU!

domestic dish said...

thanks for the sweet comments friends :) one day at a time right?!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh! I'm right there with you...definitely no doing it all over here! I think it ll goes in waves though and nice to know that there are a lot of us out there trying to juggle as well :)

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design