What's in my cookie jar: smores granola




Instead of bore you of why I have been on a blogging break (dislike), I thought I would share what I just ate a handful of out of my cookie jar, Smores granola. I really enjoy making my own pantry staples like granola, granola bars and honey bread. I just took my tried and true granola recipe and changed it up on a whim. You must try this. Delish over some ice cream or yogurt. Make it now.....

Smores Granola
     makes about 4 cups

3 cups rolled oats (not the quick cook)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3  cup honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup Gram crackers, broken into pieces
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. On a baking sheet, combine oats, wheat germ, and sunflower seeds. Bake while you melt butter and honey in the microwave or small saucepan over low heat. Once melted stir in salt and cocoa powder. Pour over toasted oat mixture and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way. Let cool almost completely, mix in marshmallows, Gram crackers, and mini chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will melt a bit and this will create delicious clusters! Store at room temperature for as long as it lasts in your cookie jar :)........

On a completely contradictory subject I have been giving quite a bit of effort into shaping up before summer. I have been gyming it 4-6 times a week, taking the most wonderful class The daily method, and now I am joining some wonderful blogging peeps for a 30 day shred. With the help of Jillian. Today is day 3 and I am sore in a good way! Thanks to Torrie and Danielle for getting me motivated :). You can follow the "shredcrew" on twitter here.

And yes I know somres granola is not on the diet plan! Now to go catch up on all my favorite blogs while I have been unplugged.....

xoxoxo
d

4 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I'm pretty sure I work out so I can indulge in things like this! Yum!

domestic dish said...

So true Danielle...it's healthyish :)

Anonymous said...

I think my kids will love me forever when I make this for the family! :)

torrie said...

Ditto to Danielle. We are all alike, in the sense that we love to cook/bake, love to eat/indulge... and were in need of finding some way to do both guilt-free!

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design