A decor holiday how to ~ Anthropologie style


A few weeks ago I was strolling around Anthropologie with my big girl, looking for gift ideas. She spotted these cute little globes made out of mason jars. First of all I love mason jars. We pretty much use them for everything from painting to wine drinking. I knew that I could re-create them at home for much cheaper. The idea is so simple! All you need to do is round up some supplies:

Mason jars - we used various sizes for height
Hot glue gun
Snow - I like the glittery snow, usually a few bucks a bag at Michael's.
Holiday objects - trees, animals, Santa, pine cones (we glued pine cones together), garland trim....
Brown painters paper - this is my all time favorite thing to have around the house. For $10 at Home Depot and a roll lasts forever. Easy clean up for projects, gift wrap, rustic table runner....just like the mason jars, endless possibilities..



How to:
Heat up your glue, glue the figures to the inside of the lid, and fill with snow. That's it!
  


We found the trees from the mission building section at our craft store for only a dollar each and used garland trim to decorate them.


cute huh?


I think that they turned out great, and the kids love gazing into them. We did manage to get glitter everywhere in the process, but that was part of the fun right?



Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

xoxo
d

5 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Do they have water in them? They are so cute. I want to make some!

domestic dish said...

No water! Super simple, and they make a beautiful center piece. You should totally do it!

bestie said...

LOVE these! Totally going to do this with the kiddles! Great idea!

Rebecca said...

:) Great minds.... Love your pics, and your kids seems to LOVE them. Isn't it a great project for kids??

the girl is craftee said...

I saw these at Anthro last week and then saw them here. Great idea! I went to the thrift store today and lucked out! I found two vintage mason jars and get this, a bag of mini Christmas trees like what you have pictured here! It was meant to be! I can't wait to do this with my daughter!

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design