I Spy...




I spy with my little eye...We play a ton of eye spy with little e, in the car there is always fresh material to spy. At home, you can only spy the brown chair so many times. Right? Problem solved. An at-home eye spy jar for e that I can change the contents here and there. It is such a simple thing, but has provided hours of fun. Cost = free. I just used stuff around the house.






The first thing you need to do is collect a variety of clean and clear bottles or jars with lids. I used an cleaned Veganase jar. Then collect things to put inside.

Some Ideas:

  • Small plastic animals or people
  • stickers
  • change
  • tiny balls
  • bottle caps
  • drink umbrella
  • paper clip
  • jelly beans
  • Swedish fish
  • spool of thread
  • cotton ball





Keep a list as you add items so that you know what you are looking for. Once you have finished adding items, fill with uncooked rice. About 3/4 full. Using a funnel if necessary. Now the bottle can be twisted and turned till the treasure is found! I think these would make an excellent little gift or a cute way to theme a children's birthday party.




What do you spy with your little eye?

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was reading through your blog, and I really think it cool. So I want to invite you to visit my blogs, and if you follow me, I will follow you....

Jesse

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

So fun. I made these in bags as party favors for B's birthday. Big hit!

Ana Degenaar said...

That is a fantastic idea! J'adore.

bestie said...

love love love this idea! may have to make several for our big road trip this summer.

domestic dish said...

@jesse thank you so much for stopping by, I will head over to you now.

@danielle what a great party favor idea. Love it!

@ana Thank you!

@amy You def should. It is so fun to do together!

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design