recipe exchange.


I have been on a sugar induced Halloween hiatus....and I am happy to be back today participating in Pretty Mommy's recipe exchange yet again! Thanks Michelle! Gone is the whirlwind of costumes, candy (well almost), dry ice, and pumpkin carving goo. Bring on the holiday guests. And if your guests will be statying over I know you will need something ridiculously simple to wow in the morning. Especially if your day involves cooking a turkey. I think know you will love this warm and delicious cinnamon pull-apart cake from Sam the cooking guy. It is made from refrigerator biscuits! It cannot get any easier that this and no one will ever know. It will be our little secret.

Ingredients

  • 3-10 oz packages refrigerator biscuits, quartered
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup pecan pieces
  • 1/4 cup raisins (feel free to improvise here, cherries or dried apricots would be great too)
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Combine cinnamon and 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl
  3. Drop biscuit quarters in the bowl a few at a time and mix with your hands until evenly covered with cinnamon sugar
  4. Meanwhile, combine remaining sugar and butter in a small pot over low heat until butter has melted - mix well
  5. Scatter half the pecans and raisins in bottom of buttered bunt pan, and cover with half the coated biscuit quarters
  6. Pour half the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and repeat again with pecans, raisins, biscuits and finally the rest of the butter
  7. Bake in heated oven for about 40 minutes
  8. Carefully turn upside down on a beautiful platter big enough to handle some dripping of the gooey carmelly stuff running down the sides and prepare to be adored by all...
I hope you are all having a great week and if you are still coming down of a sugar high like myself and dont want to throw away that Halloween candy just yet, check me out tomorrow. I have a recipe that you can use that leftover Halloween candy in! And if the mood strikes you today, make this.

xoxoxo
d

p.s. If you linger over one thing today, check out the other recipes from the exchange. Next up tomorrow is You + me equals. I wonder what they will be cooking up?

p.s.s. Any one interested in doing an "All things Ina" recipe exchange? Let's share our favorite recipes from the Barefoot Contessa...tell me what you think and I will set it up :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call this monkey bread in my house, except I've never thought to add pecans(!) or raisins(!)..be still my heart!!

domestic dish said...

Haute mama (I love that :))....you are so right. It is a monkey bread. I like to make it with apricots and hazelnuts, and with cranberries too. It is nice to just whip this up for guests and just sit back and smile...everyone thinks you have just worked your butt off!! Thanks for posting!

torrie said...

My mom makes monkey bread! But I've never asked her what her *secret recipe is.

...So, now I have my own secret recipe:)! Looks & sounds Delicious. Nice to have you back from your Halloween hiatus!

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design