Whats in my cookie jar?


Like I have said before, cookie jars aren't just for cookies, that is the case again this week :). Last week I took a class with a local chef, Pamela Schwartz, on cheese making (more info on cheese making coming soon!) and she gave me a recipe for a  healthy gluten free "muffin". It looks more like a scone with a muffin texture, and is so fragrant because of the oranges in it. It is a great snack for the little ones before school or in a lunch box.



Cranberry orange "muffins"
(makes 12 large or 48 mini) 
  • 1.5 cups almond meal
  • 1 cup flax meal
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup agave
  • 1.5 cups dried cranberries
  • 2 oranges (slice and process in food processor, peel and all!)
  • 3/4 cups pecans (optional)

Directions
Mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet ingredients and combine.I sliced the oranges and processed them in my food processor prior to adding them to the wet ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes for mini muffins and 18-20 for large. They are great served with a bit of cream cheese whipped with a few tablespoons agave or honey. Or to make an agave glaze to drizzle over, combine 2 tablespoons agave with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar until smooth. drizzle over and enjoy a healthy treat!

We have a pumkin roasting in the oven, so check back for a yummy pumkin recipe!

3 comments:

domestic dish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
torrie said...

Thanks for sharing this!! I have everything to make it except flax meal, so, I'll pick some up at the store today and make it sometime this week. Perfect, because Ryan thought we were out of dried cranberries and bought more, but we already had some... so now I have an excuse to bake. (not that I need one for this healthy recipe!)

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

These look good! I pretty much love anything (especially cookies!) that contain dried cranberries!!

Post a Comment

Make my day. Lets dish...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

domestic dish. Designed by Liven Design